Juicy SEO Advice from Google Itself
The race to the top of the search engine results is tight. The competition is highly competitive and the process of increasing your online visibility, known as search engine optimization or SEO, is complicated. Fortunately, Google often offers SEO Advice to help us navigate.
In the past, gaining the number one spot in the search ranking was easier. It was all about targeting keywords and building back links. Over the past decade, as tacticians found ways around the system, Google changed their algorithm, significantly and frequently. Search Engines are designed to deliver quality results thus, providing relevant and targeted traffic for websites.
Here’s a summary of Google SEO Advice in 2016:
- Good site structure including easy to navigate pages
- Secure Web site that loads quickly
- Web site provides a good mobile responsive experience
- Unique content and metadata for each page
- Structured data (schema markup) to identify the type of website page
- Well written and original content that is valuable to readers
- Verified site with Google’s My Business (also called Google Plus or Google Local)
Learn more about the 2016 Action plan and strategies to help your brand dominate the search engines. Read about SEO tactics from one who knows, my colleague, Andre Savoie.