The Importance and Advantages of Having an Online Presence For Your Business
More and more businesses understand the importance and the requirement of having their business online. Being well represented online is a necessary part of becoming successful in most industries. Technology and online options are moving at such a rapid pace, if you haven’t built up your presence, now is the time to get started!
No matter how small or big or what industry you belong to, having these vital components can help your business be found by anyone, anywhere and at any given time. This is how you can have your business operational around the clock with a virtual showroom open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Surprisingly, having a web presence carries no major cons.
The Perks and Advantages of Having a Web and Social Presence in the Virtual World
- Business accessible 24/7
- Greater audience reach increases your customer base
- Convenient selling with the help of shopping carts integrated with secured payment gateways
- Easy and affordable way to market your brand as opposed to print with dwindling readership, billboards which have limited reach and tv commercials that have very expensive air time
- An exciting and fun way to connect with your customers and potential consumers by posting useful and engaging content in your blog or through social media
- A casual and easy way to get instant reviews, testimonials and feedbacks from your products or services’ consumers through blog comments and social media interactions
- Improve customer service by interacting with them directly with chats and through social media
- Gain referrals by getting social proof through user reviews
- Use the capabilities online for continuous focus group feedback
- The possibilities are endless!
There are endless possibilities for having a website and a social presence on the web. Nothing is impossible so, the sky’s the limit! Most successful business owners have said farewell to the old, traditional offline marketing and embraced the online marketing world in a digital world where people tend to search online to find just about anything with ease as opposed to using a directory or perhaps a newspaper which takes a lot of time and extra effort. It’s somehow official… Gone are those days where people use yellow pages, to search for a product or service.
Let’s look at a few ways to get started or to boost your already launched business to attract more hits, shares, and customers.
Build Your Roadmap for a Better Digital Presence
All Roads Lead to Your Site
Ever heard the phrase “all roads lead to Rome”? This phrase stemmed from the ancient roads that were designed to lead to the then capital of the Roman Empire. In this case, have all “roads” or web pages, lead back to your own website. There are many ways to implement this practice. Your website is the main “storefront” and all other platforms should guide the user to your own site.
- Website: Make sure your site is up to date and mobile-friendly. Many users spend time searching on their mobile device, so have your site clear and easy to read no matter which device a person is using to find it. Website templates and technology have come a long way from the early years. Is your website up to date and user-friendly? It is immediately obvious if your site is a few years old, so take the time to revamp as needed.
- Social media: Have a presence on all the major sites. There is no reason not to already be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit, and Tumblr are the most commonly used social media sites in the U.S. as of 2018. Looking worldwide, Facebook is the most popular, and Twitter a close second, in certain regions. Have social media buttons easily accessible from your website, in your email signature, and a “share” button which will get your message out to more customers
- Directories: This is a very large category. Depending on the type of business you have, target your listing to local, national, and/or international listings. Think of your target audience and put a listing where they might go to search for your business. Top U.S. directories include Google Places, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yellowpages.com, Yelp, and Local.com. There are many others, these are just a few to get started. For those in the travel industry, TripAdvisor is a definite site to use.
- Google My Business: With so many using Google Maps for directions and information, it is imperative to be listed here. Your business will automatically show up with any others that have signed up, along with the information you provide, including opening hours, website, and telephone number. The best part, it is free to sign up for this service and it is currently the number one directory used in the U.S.
- Yelp: While many think of Yelp as a directory for restaurants, if you are in the retail business, Yelp can be a good source of new and returning customers. Shopping is the top category of reviews according to their recent statistics.
- Yahoo Pages: While you may not think of Yahoo as being as relevant as it once was, it is still in the top 10 of most visited pages in the world, according to this article. Add your business to the Yahoo Pages which will come up in those who use this search engine.
Optimization in marketing terms is the process of getting your website to the top of the search engines. With so many sites competing for those top spots, how can your site stand out from the rest? Writing content with keywords is not enough anymore. Developing your brand and story on many platforms, strong content, SEO, along with Schema markup and a more visual element such as adding video and high-quality images are ways to increase your website’s performance.
Schema markup is a new add-on for SEO. It is code that tells users what your data means. Another related term you may have already heard is “rich snippets” which are word snippets with more detailed data than just a keyword, adding images, reviews, and extra data to a person’s search. Those sites that use rich snippets and Schema markup will now start to rank higher than those that don’t. This is an area that not many businesses are taking advantage of yet, so get started now and watch your site go to the top of the search rankings with a few adjustments.
Cutting Edge Examples
The latest trend of optimization is Voice Search Optimization, a growing method used in place of text search with the prevalence of mobile devices, smartphones, and voice-activated home assistants. Voice search optimization means that your site is easily able to give data to customers who may be searching in the form of a frequently asked question instead of a keyword or phrase. Use a more conversational format to both blogs and information on your site, add a “frequently asked questions” area, and make sure to use the phrase “near me” which also allows for more activity from your page.
Mobile devices are commonly referred to as “third screen”. In the world of technology. “fourth screen” is the rise of voice-activated gadgets and Internet of Things (IoT) which are making our lives more and more technology-dependent. The idea that the Internet and connectivity is a part of everyday life, and that we can have any product or service at our doorstep, is the IOT. One of the most cutting-edge examples of this is the development of driverless cars. Sit back, tell the car where you want to go, what kind of music you’d like to listen to, how to avoid a traffic jam, find the nearest gas station, and more.
A Strong Online Presence is a Competitive Advantage
Online presence is no longer a luxury for companies, instead, it is a necessity for any business, big or small, to flourish and thrive in the technological IoT world. Ideas, concepts, services, and information can all be found at the drop of a hat. Revitalize your site, add more engaging content, and continue to reach your core audience with the many types of optimization.
Build a website with a strong online presence that also drives traffic, leads and sales. Get your free downloadable guide today!
Tags: online presence